Albrecht Jaeger

Jan. 1, 1900 in Wroclaw, Poland
1993 in Bielefeld, Germany

He studied at the Wrocław Staatliche Akademie für Kunst und Kunstgewerbe. From the beginning of the 1920s, he worked for the Schlesische Heimstätte cooperative with Ernst May, in the years 1924-26 for the DEWOG cooperative (Deutsche Wohnungsfürsorgegesellschaft). Most probabely in the same years he worked for Bruno Taut in Berlin. He opened a architecture office with his brother Heinz, later his collegue became an architect with the name A. Hertel.

At the turn of the 1920s and 1930s with Hugo Leipziger-Pearce, he realized, residential houses in: Wrocław, Chorzów, Racibórz and Bytom according to the principles of modernist architecture. He independently designed houses in Leipzig. Between 1943-45 he was employed in designing the fortifications of Wrocław.

After leaving Wrocław in 1945 he became in 1947-49 he the chief architect in the city of Wismar. Then he worked in Rostock, where in 1952 he prepared a plan to rebuild the city from the war damage. In 1958, by escaping to West Berlin, he managed to get to West Germany. He settled in Bielefeld, where he worked until his retirement in 1965.

Buildings

Leipzig, Germany
Apartment house Stauffenbergstraße

Leipzig, Germany
Apartment block Giebnerstraße