Address and directions
779 00 Olomouc, Czechia
Public transport: Náměstí Hrdinů
Access: Public building, free entry during working hours
Today's use: Shops
#Multifunctional building #Olomouc #1931
The exterior of the building is made up of three main components. A flat, horizontal building in contrast to the vertical building with four floors and the glass tower for the staircase and the lift. The round corner of the building in the horizontal section houses the entrance area.
The reinforced concrete construction is absolutely simplified. The side-hung windows are designed as ribbon windows with metal frames. The original staircase of the warehouse is a simple, very functional construction.
The fact that there is no flag on the pole above the round corner, but the company's lettering, adds a detail to the house's charm.
The building was planned as a warehouse in the horizontal section and as an office building in the vertical section. The construction works lasted from 1931 to 1935. It served for the department store of Josef Ander at the corner of the streets 8. května and 28. října, that nowadays does not exist anymore. Today various shops use the rooms of the former warehouse.