He studied in KArlsruhe from 1891 until 1897. For a short time he worked as an architect in Munich and in 1902 he went to Berlin. When the textile chain C&A Brenninkmeyer began opening branches in Germany in 1911, Kaiser advanced to the position of the "C&A architect". Several of his buildings are still preserved today.
The Nazis banned him from working since 1933, whereupon Kaiser handed over his office to his son-in-law Karl Fezer.