Address and directions
152 00 Prague (Praha), Czechia
Public transport: Hlubočepy
Access: Public area
Today's use: Abandoned building
#Sports facility #Prague (Praha) #1929
The swimming pool features an elegant diving 10 metres high tower by Vladimír Grégr. As a training pool for the Czech Swimming Club, the pool was only open to the public in the morning. The great advantage of this day period was to enjoy the sun. The pool is situated impractical, because from midday it is in the shade. The open-air pool has been abandoned in the 1960s.
Romantically situated next to the river Vltava and under the rocks of Barrandov, this outdoor pool built from 1929 to 1931 was put into a scenic landscape of a former limestone quarry. It was opend on 16 August 1930. On the rocks stands the legendary restaurant Barrandovské terasy, the meeting place of Czech "Hollywood" Barrandov movie stars in the 1930s.
Although the bath will certainly not really be used again in its old form due to its location, it was declared a cultural monument in 1988 together with the Barrandovské terasy restaurant above it.