Address and directions
Public transport: Augustusplatz Tram 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 11E, 12, 14, 15, 16
Today's use: Administration building
#Administration building #Leipzig #1928
In July 1928 the building plans have been changed to a more simple construction. The construction works probably began in 1928. The shell was completed in early November 1929 and most of the rooms were used from 1 January 1930.
Leipzig's second high-rise with a height of 47 metres was ready. It consists of a reinforced concrete skeleton and was clad with shell limestone, which is often used on representative buildings in Leipzig. The office building has a ground floor with a passageway. Above it rises a six-storey compact structure. A tower-like building with another six floors rises from the middle of the building. A roof terrace with a restaurant on the highest point was in use until the 1950s.
Today, the building is used for offices of the company "Leipziger Stadtwerke".
High-rise buildings have been planned around the Leipziger Ring since the 1920s.