From 1929 to 1930, the Leipzig architectural firm Bock, Paatzsch & Thier converted the building of the former company "Kunstanstalt Sinsel & Co." into a vocational school. The mayor of Markkleeberg bought this plot of land opposite the town hall in 1928.
The school building is a three-storey building. On the west side, the staircase porch stands out, its vertically accentuated window axis makes it an expressive part of the construction. This expressiveness is further enhanced, that the entrance is offset to the right side.
The gym was newly built in 1929 and is connected to the school via an intermediate building. Like the school, the brick facades of the gym got plastered. Inside the gym, parts of the historical furnishings have been preserved.
From 2010 to 2011 the school building was renovated and houses today a adult education centre. The gym is in a very poor condition.